GreenPrint is a global environmental technology company providing patented sustainability solutions to businesses wanting to neutralize their carbon, plastic, water and energy footprints. Innovators of the first reduced emissions programs – enabling companies to ability to offset carbon emissions on a per transaction basis. Today the company reduces emissions on over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually across over 4,500 retail locations and over 100,000 corporate and municipal fleets in 14 countries. GreenPrint has built relationships with more than 2,000 nonprofits globally and has created or invested in over 50 certified carbon offset and renewable energy projects on behalf of clients. GreenPrint is A Public Benefit Corporation. ©2020 GreenPrint Holdings Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Freelance Earned Media Manager
We are looking for an experienced media relations whiz to develop and execute earned media strategies to spread the word about the positive impact our sustainability programs are having in local communities.
Does this sound like you?
You have deep public and/or consumer retail experience with skills in the following areas:
- Develop strategic media plans, fostering relationships with national and local traditional media outlets and journalists
- Proven ability to think outside the traditional media box by seeking hyper-local grassroots influencers and bloggers to help extend communications reach;
- innovative techniques for generating earned coverage nationally and locally;
- Working relationships with journalists who cover community events, and/or sustainability preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- PR agency experience preferred
- Experience with multi-channel media approaches and media pitching
- Demonstrated experience, results, and relationships with key journalists and outlets is a must
- Experience providing senior media counsel in a client environment is required
This is a contract role working with our team based in Atlanta – client work is focused in several markets including – Nashville, TN, New England, Central PA, NY state, Tucson, AZ and Denver CO. Local media contacts in any or all of those markets a HUGE plus! This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities and the chance to work with a dynamic, collaborative, and purpose-driven organization.
This is an exciting time at our company. Due to recent growth and market potential, GreenPrint has made the INC 5000 fastest growing companies in 2019 debuting at number #71 overall, #2 in the energy category and #3 in Atlanta. GreenPrint is doing well by doing good! Together with our partners and clients around the world we offset over one billion gallons of fuel annually, preventing over 3 million metric tons of harmful carbon from being emitted into the air – the equivalent of 13.1 million homes energy use for a year. With our recent success, we’re poised and ready to continue our progress of building a world class organization. This position will enable you to put all your skills and experience to work to produce results in real-time and take your career, to the next level and with a great purpose!